READ THE INTRUCTIONS FIRST
BEFORE YOU WATCH THE VIDEO
Workout 3.1 - 3.6
There are 6 QUALIFIERS.
3.1 100120 -140120
3.2 210220 - 250220
3.3 030420 -070420
3.4 080520 - 120520
3.5 190620 - 230620
3.6 310720 - 040820
This 6 week cycle gives athletes the opportunity to train for each test moment.
PUT YOUR SCORE ON THE LEADERBOARD AND COMPARE IT WITH ATHLETES FROM AROUND THE GLOBE
Each qualifier workout is a small individual powerlifting competition.
All 6 qualifier workouts are the same.
IT IS NOT OBLIGATED TO DO ALL 6 QUALIFIERS.
Maximum time of each workout: 30 minutes
Introduction of the athlete (name, age and category) and the equipment (squat rack, bench + rack for benchpress, digital weighing scale, timer, plates on barbell loaded for first attempt squat).
2. WEIGH IN
The athlete steps on the weighing scale. After the weigh in the athlete can change outfit and shoes.
The athlete starts with the first attempt of the squat. When it is a good lift the automatic increase of the weight is one kg. The athlete can add more weight on the barbell. If the athlete fails, the same weight can stay on the barbell or he/she can increase the weight. The second and third attempt will follow in the same sequence.
4. BENCHPRESS AND DEADLIFT
Athletes can take a few minutes break before starting with the three attempts of the benchpress. After the benchpress you can proceed to the deadlift in the same lifting order.
All lifts must be executed as subscribed in the IPF Technical rulebook 2019
Some important rules:
- It is a raw/classic competition (not an equipped competition).
- No IPF approved gear obligated, no further clothing requirements as long it provides "little support".
- Weight increase at least one kg (no 0,5 kg increase allowed);
- No specific rules for the field of play (as long as safety of the athlete is guaranteed).
- weighing scale (digital with clearly readable weight up to one decimal);
- Barbell 50 mm (clearly readable weight, 20 kg used for men and women).
- Bumper or competition plates 50mm (any sort with clearly readable weight);
- squat rack
- bench + rack for benchpress
- short and t-shirt for weigh in
- lifting shoes and outfit for lifting
- Athletes are allowed to have a maximum of four loaders/spotters;
- Video operator
4. WORKOUT FLOW
Read this carefully before you start.
1. Timer must be on countdown 30 minutes. Start the clock. Timer must be visual on the video all 30 minutes.
2. Mention your name, age and subdivision (bodyweight category).
3. Show and film the barbell and the weight of the barbell. Show and film the plates on the barbell for the first attempt, the weighing scale and the timer.
4. Stand on the weighing scale wearing at least T-shirt and short. Show and film the exact weight up to one decimal (for example 89.1 kg) and announce the weight.
5. Change your outfit to lifting outfit and shoes.
6. when you're ready, announce your first attempt.
7. If succeeded ask the loaders for the next weight. If it is no lift you are allowed to try the same weight or increase the weight.
8. Every plate to be loaded on the barbell must be announced and filmed.
9. Announce the next attempt and the weight. The same order for the third attempt.
10. If you have enough time, take a break to start with the benchpress and deadlift.
11. Proceed the lifts of the benchpress and deadlift until you're finished.
- if you're playing music make sure it is royalty free music; otherwise Youtube will remove your recording.
- Recording must be unbroken and of reasonable quality;
- You have no more than 3 attempts for each of the 5 lifts.
- Your attempts will be judged by experienced officials. They will judge strict but fair. There is no possibility for appeal. There are 6 opportunities to execute your best lifts.
- The organization can disqualify athletes if misbehavior appears.
HAVE FUN AND HAVE GOOD LIFTS!